Telemeta : open web audio CMS
After a long debugging and producing period, Telemeta reaches a nice stable version. Here are the news:
- Collection and Item regex in settings allowed
- Change resource list filtering rules
- Add KdenLive session parsers and auto faders to ...
Telemeta is in the center of a new project DIADEMS sponsored by the french research agency ANR. It has started on january 2013 and will be effective during 3 years.
DIADEMS stands for: Description, Indexation, Accès aux Documents Ethnomusicologiqu ...
News from 1.4.3:
- no new fancy functions
- full using of static files which are now in static/ (ht ...
Telemeta is a free and open source web audio content management system which introduces useful and secure methods to backup, index, transcode, analyse and publish any digitalized audio file with its metadata. It is dedicated to professionnals who wants to easily organize, backup, archive and publish documented sound collections of audio files, CDs, digitalized vinyls and magnetic tapes over a strong database, in accordance with open web standards.
Here are the main features of Telemeta:
- Secure archiving, editing and publishing of audio files over internet.
- Pure HTML web user interface including dynamical forms and smart workflows
- Smart dynamical and skinnable audio player (thanks to TimeSide and SoundManager2)
- "On the fly" audio analyzing, transcoding and metadata embedding based on an easy plugin architecture
- Social cumulative indexing with semantic ontologies and timecoded markers
- Multi-format support : FLAC, OGG, MP3, WAV and more
- User management with individual desk, lists, profiles and rights
- Playlist management for all users with CSV data export
- Geo-Navigator for audio geolocalization
- High level search engine
- DublinCore compatibility
- OAI-PMH data provider
- RSS feed generators
- XML serialized backup
- Strong SQL or Oracle backend
- Multi-language support (now english and french)
This software is exclusively based on open source modules and can be run on any Unix or Linux system.
Telemeta is sponsored by :
- Parisson : R&D for custom media solutions
- CNRS : Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (the french Natianal Research and Scientific Center)
- CREM : Centre de Recherche en Ethnomusicology (the french Ethnomusicology Research Center)
- TGE ADONIS : Très Grand Equipement ADONIS of the CNRS
Telemeta is supported by :
- LAM : Equipe Lutherie, Acoustique et Musique de l'Université Pierre et Marie Curie de Paris (Instrument design, Acoustic and Music team of the Pierre & Marie Curie University, Paris)
- MuCEM : Musée des Civilisations de l'Europe et de la Méditerranée
- MMSH : Maison Méditerranéenne des Sciences de l'Homme
The Telemeta project is managed by :
- Guillaume Pellerin <yomguy (at) parisson.com>
- Joséphine Simonnot <josephine.simonnot (at) mae.u-paris10.fr>.
The Telemeta application is or has been developed by :
- Telemeta 1.0 for the [CREM (LESC, University Paris 10 Nanterre)
- Archives of the "Centre de Recherche en Ethnomusicologie":
- full metadata migration of the 100 year old database,
- more than 5000 geolocated collections,
- more than 32000 geolocated items,
- more than 150 Go of WAV ethnological music files.
- Parisson sandbox:
Go to demo.telemeta.org and use the following login to try Telemeta has an administrator :
- login : demo
- password : demo
Two possible methods:
- The easiest one: use python package tools:
sudo pip install telemetaor
sudo easy_install telemeta
- Get the last archives here. Uncompress the downloaded archive, go into the created directory and install it from your favorite shell :
sudo python setup.py install
Telemeta uses Git for branching, versioning and comitting.
- Get the lastest development version to try the lastest useful features:
git clone http://vcs.parisson.com/git/telemeta.git
- You can also clone / follow / fork the project through GitHub:
git clone https://github.com/yomguy/Telemeta.git
- To get write access to our master repository (i.e. git+ssh://vcs.parisson.com/var/git/telemeta.git), please contact us by email.
See TelemetaLicense for details about the CeCILL v2 license (GPL like)
If you use Telemeta for production, please help us to improve and promote the application by donating something to the project.
Please click on the following button to be redirected to PayPal:
- python (>= 2.4)
- mysql-server or sqlite3 or oracle database
As part of the Telemeta project, the python module TimeSide (GPL v2) is developed to handle audio analysis, transcoding and visualization.
See github.com/yomguy/TimeSide/ for more infos.
In order to follow the Telemeta project development and the discussions of the community, you are welcome to join the mailing list by subscribing on this page :
- Full technical code documentation
- InterfaceCustomization: How to customize the look and feel of Telemeta
- DataFormats: Data formats in Telemeta, according to usage contexts and application architecture
- EthnomusDatabase: Description of the original Database of the CNRS Ethnomusicology Laboratory and telemeta mapping proposal
- AccessPermissions: Access permissions details
- MetadataInteroperability: Connecting and broadcasting to other data systems, using Dublin Core
- FormatsAudio: Definitions of Telemeta's audio formats
- ComponentsAndTools?: Needed dependencies and interesting tools for future development
- GlobalArchitecture: Global view of Telemeta's architecture
- Presentation Adonis 09/2008 (PDF, french)
- Presentation Anthroponet 12/2008 (PDF, french)
- ProjetDiadems : informations concernant l'appel à projet ANR CONTINT 2011
- Présentation / Formation au CREM (MAE) du 27/06/2011
- Formation ingénieur (install, dev) TGE Adonis 12/2011
- Présentation CMTRA et RIZE de Lyon 04/2012
- TracGuide: How to use the Trac environment (where you currently are)