|Version 30 (modified by yomguy, 7 years ago) (diff)|
Welcome to the Telemeta project
The aim of this collaborative project is to develop the Telemeta software.
Telemeta is a global audio archiving program which introduces useful and secure indexing methods to backup digitalized audio files and metadata dictionnaries. It is dedicated to backup any digitized and documented sound from collections of vinyls, magnetic tapes or audio CD over a strong database in accordance with many standards. Export functions also encapsulate edited metadata into compressed file. The object style architecture will soon provide user-friendly interfaces and plugin' style audio processing.
Here are the main features of Telemeta:
- Secure media editing and archiving over networks.
- Easy transcoding
- Full tagging and marking methods
- XML metadata backup
- Web interface introducing WorkFlow? (still in dev from march 2007)
- SQL backend (still in dev from march 2007).
- Data anti-corruption security with par2 recovery keys
- Data synchronizing over remote servers (rsync)
- Auto AudioMarking? from metadata (thanks to Festival and Ecasound)
The Telemeta concept is based on collections. A collection includes original sounds - or albums containing sounds - which will be backuped in a secure way with a view of transcoded 'public' formats (WAV, FLAC, MP3, OGG and many more soon...) including metadata editing and publishing tools.
- April 17th 2007:
Telemeta is in high development now. The devel architecture has been modified to define main class objects of the program. Olivier has started the development of the user interface and SQL links. Guillaume has created the first Export objects, methods and tests. Please consider the development version in a _transitional state_. Some methods might be not functionnal... Feel free to post tickets if you encounter problems...
On Debian or Ubuntu systems, just add these lines to your /etc/apt/sources-list:
deb http://debian.parisson.org/ binary/ deb-src http://debian.parisson.org/ source/ deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch main
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install telemeta
On other linux platforms, get the lastest tar.gz version on :
and uncompress the archive. Telemeta is written in python. So it doesn't require any compilation step.
You can also get the lastest development version to try the lastest useful features (require Subversion):
svn co http://svn.parisson.org/svn/telemeta/trunk telemeta
Then go into the created directory and just type this with your favorite shell :
python (>= 2.3.5-7), python-django, python-xml, python-central (>= 0.5), python-mutagen, sox, vorbis-tools, flac, lame, normalize-audio, ecasound, festival, par2
- DataFormats: Data formats in Telemeta, according to usage contexts and application architecture
- EthnomusDatabase: Description of the original Database of the CNRS Ethnomusicology Laboratory and telemeta mapping proposal
- AccessPermissions: Access permissions details
- MetadataInteroperability: Connecting and broadcasting to other data systems, using Dublin Core
- FormatsAudio: Definitions of Telemeta's audio formats
- ComponentsAndTools?: Needed dependencies and interesting tools for future development
- GlobalArchitecture: Global view of Telemeta's architecture
- TracGuide: How to use the Trac environment (where you currently are)
- TelemetaLicense: Details of the Telemeta's license (4.4BSD)