|Version 151 (modified by yomguy, 3 years ago) (diff)|
Telemeta : Web Audio Content Management System
After a long debugging and producing period, Telemeta reaches a nice stable version. Here are the news:
- Collection and Item regex in settings allowed
- Change resource list filtering rules
- Add KdenLive session parsers and auto faders to ...
Telemeta is in the center of a new project DIADEMS sponsored by the french research agency ANR. It has started on january 2013 and will be effective during 3 years.
DIADEMS stands for: Description, Indexation, Accès aux Documents Ethnomusicologiqu ...
News from 1.4.3:
- no new fancy functions
- full using of static files which are now in static/ (ht ...
News, from 1.4:
- add solr-thumbnail for automatic thumbnail handling of all related media images (pl ...
News, from 1.3 to 1.4:
- add a Desk providing links to home and personal data
- add Fon ...
Telemeta is a web audio archiving program which introduces useful and secure methods to backup, index, transcode, analyse and publish any digitalized audio file with its metadata. It is dedicated to professionnals who wants to easily backup and publish documented sounds from collections of vinyls, magnetic tapes or audio CDs over a strong database, in accordance with open standards.
Here are the main features of Telemeta:
- Secure archiving, editing and publishing of audio files over internet.
- User friendly web frontend including workflows and high level search methods
- Smart dynamical and skinnable audio player (thanks to TimeSide and !SoundManager2)
- "On the fly" analyzing, transcoding and metadata embedding based on an easy plugin architecture
- Temporal and collaborative indexation with fast user marker management
- Multi-format support : FLAC, OGG, MP3, WAV and more
- User management with individual profiles and rights
- Playlist management for users with CSV data export
- Geo-Navigator for audio geolocalization
- DublinCore compatibility
- OAI-PMH data provider
- RSS feeds generator
- XML serialized backup
- Strong SQL or Oracle backend
The Telemeta data model is based on 'collections' and 'items'. A collection is described by its metadata and includes original audio items (sounds) and its own metadata. This existing model has been designed to fit the one of the French Centre of Etnomusicology (CREM) but could be easily adapted/overrided to suit other data structures.
Telemeta is sponsored by :
- Parisson : Custom media solutions
- CNRS : Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (the french Natianal Research and Scientific Center)
- CREM : Centre de Recherche en Ethnomusicology (the french Ethnomusicology Research Center)
- TGE ADONIS : Très Grand Equipement ADONIS of the CNRS
Telemeta is supported by :
- LAM : Equipe Lutherie, Acoustique et Musique de l'Université Pierre et Marie Curie de Paris (Instrument design, Acoustic and Music team of the Pierre & Marie Curie University, Paris)
- MuCEM : Musée des Civilisations de l'Europe et de la Méditerranée
- MMSH : Maison Méditerranéenne des Sciences de l'Homme
The Telemeta project is managed by :
- Guillaume Pellerin <yomguy (at) parisson.com>
- Joséphine Simonnot <josephine.simonnot (at) mae.u-paris10.fr>.
The Telemeta application is or has been developed by :
- Telemeta 0.9 for CREM (LESC, University Paris 10 Nanterre)
- Archives of the "Centre de Recherche en Ethnomusicologie":
- full metadata migration of the 100 year old database,
- more than 5000 geolocated collections,
- more than 32000 geolocated items,
- more than 150 Go of WAV ethnological music files.
Go to demo.telemeta.org and use the following login to try Telemeta has an administrator :
- login : demo
- password : demo
DOWNLOAD / INSTALL
Two possible methods:
- Get the lastest package. Uncompress the downloaded archive, go into the created directory and install it from your favorite shell :
sudo python setup.py install
- Use the pip tools :
sudo pip install telemetaor
sudo easy_install telemeta
- Get the lastest development version to try the lastest useful features (Bazaar required):
bzr checkout http://vcs.parisson.org/bzr/telemeta/unstable/ telemeta-unstable
- Or create your own development branch:
bzr branch http://vcs.parisson.org/bzr/telemeta/unstable/ telemeta-unstable
- Or from the stable branch:
bzr branch http://vcs.parisson.org/bzr/telemeta/stable/ telemeta-stable
- To get the CREM's branch:
bzr branch http://vcs.parisson.org/bzr/telemeta/crem/ telemeta-crem
- TelemetaLicense: Details of the Telemeta's license (CeCILL)
If you use Telemeta for production, please help us to improve and promote the application by donating something to the project.
Please click on the following button to be redirected to PayPal:
python (>= 2.4), python-xml, python-django (>= 1.0-1), python-mysqldb, mysql-server, python-numpy, python-ctypes (>= 1.0.1), python-setuptools (>= 0.6b3), python-support (>= 0.3), python-timeside
As part of the Telemeta project, the python module TimeSide (GPL v2) is developed to handle audio analysis, transcoding and visualization.
See code.google.com/p/timeside/ for more infos.
In order to follow the Telemeta project development and the discussions of the community, you are welcome to join the mailing list by subscribing on this page :
- NEW : Full technical code documentation
- InterfaceCustomization: How to customize the look and feel of Telemeta
- DataFormats: Data formats in Telemeta, according to usage contexts and application architecture
- EthnomusDatabase: Description of the original Database of the CNRS Ethnomusicology Laboratory and telemeta mapping proposal
- AccessPermissions: Access permissions details
- MetadataInteroperability: Connecting and broadcasting to other data systems, using Dublin Core
- FormatsAudio: Definitions of Telemeta's audio formats
- ComponentsAndTools?: Needed dependencies and interesting tools for future development
- GlobalArchitecture: Global view of Telemeta's architecture
- Presentation Adonis 09/2008 (PDF, french)
- Presentation Anthroponet 12/2008 (PDF, french)
- ProjetDiadems : informations concernant l'appel à projet ANR CONTINT 2011
- TracGuide: How to use the Trac environment (where you currently are)