|Version 143 (modified by yomguy, 4 years ago) (diff)|
Telemeta : Web Audio Content Management System
- Drastically improve collection zip packaqe streaming thanks to zipstream (check NEW dependencies)
- Compatible with TimeSide >= 0.5.2
- Add URL field to item so that a external sound can be indexed and streamed
- Add TIMESIDE_AUTO_ ...
Meet Guillaume Pellerin and Thomas Fillon at the first Symposium on “Ecology and acoustics: emergent properties from community to landscape” from june the 16th to 18th 2014 at MNHN, Paris, France
We will present Telemeta, an open and collaborativ ...
Thomas Fillon will be at the 4th international workshop of Folk Music Analysis in Istanbul, Turkey, from june the 12th to 13th 2014, Turkey for the Telemeta project.
Title of the poster: "An open web audio platform for ethnomusicological sound arc ...
Telemeta is a web audio archiving program which introduces useful and secure methods to backup, index, transcode, analyse and publish any digitalized audio file with its metadata. It is dedicated to professionnals who wants to easily backup and publish documented sounds from collections of vinyls, magnetic tapes or audio CDs over a strong database, in accordance with open standards.
Here are the main features of Telemeta:
- Secure archiving, editing and publishing of audio files over internet.
- User friendly web frontend including workflows and high level search methods
- Smart dynamical and skinnable audio player (thanks to TimeSide and !SoundManager2)
- "On the fly" analyzing, transcoding and metadata embedding based on an easy plugin architecture
- Temporal and collaborative indexation with fast user marker management
- Multi-format support : FLAC, OGG, MP3, WAV and more
- User management with individual profiles and rights
- Playlist management for users with CSV data export
- Geo-Navigator for audio geolocalization
- DublinCore compatibility
- OAI-PMH data provider
- RSS feeds generator
- XML serialized backup
- Strong SQL or Oracle backend
The Telemeta data model is based on 'collections' and 'items'. A collection is described by its metadata and includes original audio items (sounds) and its own metadata. This existing model has been designed to fit the one of the French Centre of Etnomusicology (CREM) but could be easily adapted/overrided to suit other data structures.
Telemeta is sponsored by :
- Parisson : Custom media solutions
- CNRS : Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (the french Natianal Research and Scientific Center)
- CREM : Centre de Recherche en Ethnomusicology (the french Ethnomusicology Research Center)
- TGE ADONIS : Très Grand Equipement ADONIS of the CNRS
Telemeta is supported by :
- LAM : Equipe Lutherie, Acoustique et Musique de l'Université Pierre et Marie Curie de Paris (Instrument design, Acoustic and Music team of the Pierre & Marie Curie University, Paris)
- MuCEM : Musée des Civilisations de l'Europe et de la Méditerranée
- MMSH : Maison Méditerranéenne des Sciences de l'Homme
The Telemeta project is managed by :
- Guillaume Pellerin <yomguy (at) parisson.com>
- Joséphine Simonnot <josephine.simonnot (at) mae.u-paris10.fr>.
The Telemeta application is or has been developed by :
- Telemeta 0.9 for CREM (LESC, University Paris 10 Nanterre)
- CREM's Telemeta session (full textual database migrated, more than 150 Go of WAV ethnologic music files)
DOWNLOAD / INSTALL
Two possible methods:
- Get the lastest package. Uncompress the downloaded archive go into the created directory and install it from your favorite shell :
sudo python setup.py install
- Use the pip tools :
sudo pip install telemetaor
sudo easy_install telemeta
- Get the lastest development version to try the lastest useful features (Bazaar required):
bzr checkout http://vcs.parisson.org/bzr/telemeta/unstable/
- Or create your own branch:
bzr branch http://vcs.parisson.org/bzr/telemeta/unstable/
- To get the CREM's branch:
bzr branch http://vcs.parisson.org/bzr/telemeta/crem/
If you use Telemeta for production, please help us to improve and promote the application by donating something to the project.
Please click on the following button to be redirected to PayPal:
python (>= 2.4), python-xml, python-django (>= 1.0-1), python-mysqldb, mysql-server, python-numpy, python-ctypes (>= 1.0.1), python-setuptools (>= 0.6b3), python-support (>= 0.3), python-timeside
As part of the Telemeta project, the python module TimeSide (GPL v2) is developed to handle audio analysis, transcoding and visualization.
See code.google.com/p/timeside/ for more infos.
In order to follow the Telemeta project development and the discussions of the community, you are welcome to join the mailing list by subscribing on this page :
- NEW : Full technical code documentation
- InterfaceCustomization: How to customize the look and feel of Telemeta
- DataFormats: Data formats in Telemeta, according to usage contexts and application architecture
- EthnomusDatabase: Description of the original Database of the CNRS Ethnomusicology Laboratory and telemeta mapping proposal
- AccessPermissions: Access permissions details
- MetadataInteroperability: Connecting and broadcasting to other data systems, using Dublin Core
- FormatsAudio: Definitions of Telemeta's audio formats
- ComponentsAndTools?: Needed dependencies and interesting tools for future development
- GlobalArchitecture: Global view of Telemeta's architecture
- Presentation Adonis 09/2008 (PDF, french)
- Presentation Anthroponet 12/2008 (PDF, french)
- ProjetDiadems : informations concernant l'appel à projet ANR CONTINT 2011
- TracGuide: How to use the Trac environment (where you currently are)
- TelemetaLicense: Details of the Telemeta's license (CeCILL)